I wasn’t the only one interested in making a list of their top albums of the last decade. My lovely husband made his own list of his favourite 20. It did not take him as long as it took me. In fact, I think he wrote this list while I was off making a cup of tea.
However, he did manage to think of albums that I missed and I am kicking myself for it. For instance, Scott Matthews would have been in my top ten if I had remembered.
Without further ado:
The Top 20
- Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
- Damien Rice – O
- Bernard Butler – People Move On
- Scott Matthews – Passing Stranger
- The Kooks – Inside In/Inside Out
- Razorlight – Up All Night
- The Spinto Band – Nice & Nicely Done
- Coldplay – Parachutes
- Arcade Fire – Funeral
- Kings of Leon – Only By the Night
- Aqualung – Aqualung
- Snow Patrol – Final Straw
- Biffy Clyro – Only Revolutions
- The Killers – Hot Fuss
- Jet – Get Born
- Turn Brakes – The Optimist LP
- Maximo Park – A Certain Trigger
- The Editors – Back Room
- The Magic Numbers – The Magic Numbers
- Cooper Temple Clause – See This Through and Leave
I’m also fairly certain that you can now further understand why we make such a great couple. It’s a great list, if I do say so myself.
So there you have it, our top albums of the decade. I am still working on the top 10 songs and I promise I will get it posted eventually. Although I can’t promise there will only be 10 songs. More like 100. Anyway….